Monday, March 1, 2010

Essay #14

my 13th essay will be about my chinese new year.







Well, Chinese new year went by fast. didn't it? I have to say i really misssed
it. having missed it last year due to my sweet 16 trip to JAPAN! but still the ang paos, the reunion
dinner, the gambling, the mandarin oranges, the little snacks you eat while gambling and LOTS AND LOTS OF
GOOD HOMECOOK FOOD!

i missed all of those. and i'm glad i got to celebrate chinese new year my family's way.
Went to Johol, tampin and kuala pilah to see my aunts, cousins and nieces after 2 years of not seeing them.
it was all like how a usual family reunion would be like. 'oh summer! you're so pretty now! got boyfriend?"
"oh zane your so slim now! how did you do it?' 'oh agnes and peter, looking healthy!' but all of this
would be in hokkien! I really enjoyed my break, really got me connected to my dad's side of the family,
made me realize how much i missed them too. Because i only see them,maybe twice a year, 3 at most.
But the thought of when my dad is gone, it haunts me and makes me wonder 'hmm,who's going to come back
and visit tampin? me? kelvin?' Aihh...long way more to figure out. in the mean time, even if its the start of
the year. i'm looking forward to next years chinese new year! haha.

1 comment:

Peter Gan said...

I'm glad you felt the 'force' as much as I did. And I feel it all the time I go back to my hometown. It's a feeling of belonging I suppose. Of being centered and being grounded. And it really feels good. And it taste good too-The food, the air, the smells, the breeze.
It all comes back, the joy and the pain. It's life. Live it!