Sunday, December 27, 2009

Essay #7




My 7th essay will be about the movie i watched 2 saturdays ago.

Oh, funny story. on Monday, the week i was gonna watch this show. i received a text from my uncle Jeffrey. Telling me, he's buying all the cousins and the aunties tickets to the show as an Early christmas present. So, in my head i was thinking "Avatar? OH YEAH! that's one of my favourite tv-shows! it's that kid with a huge blue arrow on his head who can 'bend' elements! it has to be right?"




So Saturday came, i was excited! "yay! Air bending time!" Note* i haven't even seen the Avatar movie poster (with the blue people).

So, my movie buddy was Daniel. as the movie started, i was questioning daniel A LOT. i kept saying, " eh avatar no machines lah, where got so high tech! what is this! where is Aang?! (the boy with the arrow on his head)

Then daniel explained to me, 'Beh Tahan' as i would put it.

-In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture-

After telling me what this movie was about. i was a bit dissapointed, "damn! no air-bending, might as well watch lah" and let me tell you.




THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME! IT'S THE SHIZNIT MAN! Great effects, CGI? is it?, great acting,great script! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Effects were much better than 'Gamer' i swear. though it was a little too long. but no one felt that it was long-winded or draggy like other movies which last 3 hours. But overall, the storyline is great, super epic-high tech stuff, in the movie. The movie was Pure CREATIVE I mean who can think of long braided ponytails connecting with trees, animals and plants? PURE AWESOME. if you guys are too lazy to watch it in cinemas. mustmust get it on BLU-RAY. 9/10!

2 comments:

Peter Gan said...

LOL!!! Air bender. Apart from this raving review of Avatar-which I'm sure I'll see sometime next year when the blu-ray hits the streets, I'm curious to see what this boy with the arrow on his head is like. LOL...

95% The Advertising Academy said...

Oh Zane, you've expressed my sentiments exactly! Apart from the airbender bit la - I've never heard of that.
Aren't the Ikran super-awesome??! And Pandora at night!!! Yeas, it was super-CREATIVE alright.